The International School of Geneva was founded in 1924, by staff of the newly established League of Nations to create the world’s first international school, committed to promoting international understanding and values now incorporated in the ideals of the United Nations organisation. This philosophy guides the daily life of the school community. The school, with nearly 3,000 students and with more than 100 nationalities and nearly as many mother tongues, is now one of the largest of the 400 recognised international schools in the world. It is Switzerland’s largest private school. The secondary school has 140 full-time and 26 part-time teachers from 20 countries.